INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: White noise after turning off HDMI video  (Read 918 times)

curiousMonkey

• Galactic Citizen
White noise after turning off HDMI video
« on: October 10, 2013, 10:36:24 pm »

I am running build 51 and have noticed problems when I switch off my display.
The projector takes two minutes to cool down and then there is click when the HDMI connection is lost.
The loss of sound is normal, it also happens with Windows Media a Center.
However I am also hearing loud white noise through the left Speaker when the HDMI connection is recovered.
On one occasion I turned off my preamp and amplifier to avoid the problem. I heard the same noise the next day when I came back and turn them on for the first time that day.

I am using WASAPI with my HDMI audio. The device is open for exclusive access and I have disabled event style. The bit depth is 24 (in 32 bit package) and buffering is set at 100ms. Bit streaming via HDMI is enabled.
HTPC - Windows 11 64-bit Minisforum MS-01

JVC NX7, Panamorph Paladin DCR, Stewart ST130 G4 140" 2.4:1, Anthem AVM 70, Aerial Acoustics 7T/7CC/10T, Rythmik F18 (2), Paradigm Servo-15, MiniDSP 2x4 HD, Sony UBP-X800 Mk2

curiousMonkey

• Galactic Citizen
Re: White noise after turning off HDMI video
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 07:29:34 am »

The same problem just occurred with Build 60.

However this time, I was waking up my PC from standby and powering on my receiver.
The noise was eliminated when I started to play a recorded TV show.
HTPC - Windows 11 64-bit Minisforum MS-01

JVC NX7, Panamorph Paladin DCR, Stewart ST130 G4 140" 2.4:1, Anthem AVM 70, Aerial Acoustics 7T/7CC/10T, Rythmik F18 (2), Paradigm Servo-15, MiniDSP 2x4 HD, Sony UBP-X800 Mk2
Pages: [1]   Go Up