INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Burn Data?  (Read 1062 times)

funksobruva

Burn Data?
« on: March 08, 2002, 03:54:25 am »

Can MJ burn data CDs? I messed around for awhile on it, but can't find a way. I have the plus/registered/whatever version (paid).

ZRocker

• Citizen of the Universe
RE:Burn Data?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2002, 05:12:50 am »

In MJ v7.x, there's a radio button for the burn type (audio or data) on the burn dialog. With MJ v7.x, you can only burn files contained in you MJ library.

In MJ v8.0 Beta, you are asked each time you start a new burn 'project' whether you want to burn an audio or data CD.  With MJ v8.0, you can burn files either from MJ's library or external files (using drag-n-drop from the Windows Explorer).

funksobruva

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2002, 10:36:52 am »

Wow. Gotta tell ya, the reviewers got it right when they say this program is non-intuitive!

OK, so I see the radio button for burning a data CD. How do I get my data files (I'm not talking about music or video specifically - I'd like to make backups of certain folders on my hard drive to CD) "selected"? It only wants media files.

JollyJim

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2002, 02:15:35 am »

Open up MJ and go to the burn dialog so that the window for the list of tracks is showing (this will be empty at the moment). Then, open up Windows Explorer or the such like and manouevre the two apps so that you can see both clearly. Navigate through Explorer to the folders etc that you want to burn and drag them to the MJ burn list window. It's as easy as that

Good Luck - JIm

funksobruva

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2002, 03:43:12 pm »

Thanks Jim. I tried, it, but while the dialog box is up, I can drag 'n' drop, but it only looks for MEDIA file types. What if I want to copy ALL files (i.e., MSWord, Excel, .txt., Access, Visio, .DAT files, backed up registries, you get the idea)? Can I use Media Jukebox as a backup tool for my sensitive data? I can't find any indication that I can, and it's getting really frustrating. I've used help, I can't print the user manual (I have no idea what the difference is between a library, a category, a playlist, smartlist and a group).

Thanks for helping me!

funksobruva

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2002, 04:18:13 pm »

Can anyone else help me with this? I've got a thread, in case anyone wants to see the history here. I'm trying to burn data CDs (not media).

Thanks!

ZRocker

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2002, 04:25:12 pm »

Funk,

Are you using MJ v8.0 or not?  If you don't upgrade to v8.0, you can not use MJ to burn data files not in MJ's music database.

funksobruva

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2002, 05:00:08 pm »

How do I get v8.0?

sekim

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2002, 05:04:51 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up