INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another of My Weird Questions (MJ8 on Linux)  (Read 1662 times)

tlcmd

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Another of My Weird Questions (MJ8 on Linux)
« on: October 28, 2013, 04:02:57 pm »

Around 2000, I purchased JRiver Media Jukebox 8 which has served me well as my primary use has been to play my increasingly large music library. I recently tried putting it on Linux Mint Debian Edition via WINE. While MJ8 does not recognize my dvd/cd drive nor the equalizer, almost all of the other functions work fine.

My question: Can I put MJ8 onto my LMDE and use it concurrently with the not quite working yet Linux MC 19 safely until MC 19 is up and running on Linux?

This way I can still keep up with MC 19 and play my music via LMDE and totally ignore my Windows XP. I have a 160 HDD for Windows XP and a 320 Gig HDD for LMDE. I can add music via Banshee or some other Linux player into my Music files and then import them into MJ8 where I can convert them to ogg, mp3, etc files. 

Thanks for any feedback, especially for possible problems.

tlcmd (aka Dick)

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Another of My Weird Questions (MJ8 on Linux)
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 09:46:54 am »

That should be fine. They keep separate libraries.
I have the same music folder in linux and windows under virtualbox.

You probably don't want to do any tagging. The tags are different between versions.

tlcmd

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Another of My Weird Questions (MJ8 on Linux)
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 09:53:16 am »

Bob,
Interestingly, I do use the same library folder and the genres, artists, etc do crossover when I have gotten MC 19.0.62 to run on one mp3 set of files. But thank you for the answer to my question. You gotta admit it is a "different" one.
Keep up the good work on MC 19!!! I hope that the playlists and the "Do not play" filter functions will remain in MC 19. It is nice to be able to omit Christmas music files in July!!
tlcmd (aka Dick)
Pages: [1]   Go Up