INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: re-imported files?  (Read 1009 times)

gworrel

• Recent member
re-imported files?
« on: November 02, 2013, 08:47:36 pm »

In checking for movies that I might want to watch yesterday, I added a "Date Imported" column to my movies view and sorted on it. Today I see dozens of items that were imported months ago that now show a date imported of 11-1-2013. Why would the import date change? So much for using that as a useful way to look for movies I have not seen.

Another major annoyance is the way that some movies have been imported into multiple items.  I usually use AnyDvd but I have a few movies that I ripped into MKV files using MakeMkv. When I import the folder they are in, I get numerous items in my video listing for each movie.  I assume the program is importing every video snippet independently. It is a major mess.  I assume I should just delete all but the major feature? Is there some better way to organize them in J River? 

crisnee

• World Citizen
Re: re-imported files?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 12:58:04 am »

In checking for movies that I might want to watch yesterday, I added a "Date Imported" column to my movies view and sorted on it. Today I see dozens of items that were imported months ago that now show a date imported of 11-1-2013. Why would the import date change? So much for using that as a useful way to look for movies I have not seen.

I don't know why the Date Imported would change (it shouldn't for it to be of any value). Of course if you re-imported the item for some reason.... Anyway, there is a Number of Times Played category that might be better suited for your purpose.

-Chris

r_harms

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 09:19:14 am »

If you changed any path or file names the new locations will be re-imported. I notice this when I edit directly on my media drives. MC finds the new edits and re-imports these...

Rick

gworrel

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2013, 05:16:27 pm »

I realized after I posted that most of the movies were on a drive on a second computer on my home network. I have previously had trouble if that remote computer goes to sleep because the movies disappear from the library.  I could understand if the program said the files were not accessible but I don't understand why they disappear altogether. I didn't realize that the movies get deleted from the library if they are not available but perhaps that is what happens. I didn't do anything manually to re-import them but I do have auto-import enabled so that must be what it does when the drive is available.

r_harms

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2013, 06:16:31 pm »

There is an option in the Import Dialog "Fix broken links: Yes (protect files on missing drives)" that takes care of that situation. I use several external drives that come and go and my library keeps track as the drive(s) come and go.

Rick
Pages: [1]   Go Up