INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't save visualizations in W8?  (Read 766 times)

sKiZo

• World Citizen
Can't save visualizations in W8?
« on: February 09, 2014, 03:02:55 pm »

Just noticed that MC won't allow me to save changes to some custom visualizations I made in the studio. I was still running XP at the time, so it's apparently an admin thing in W8.

I fire up the studio, do some tweaks to where they look good, and then I can see the results in the full screen display. Go to change visualizations or close MC, and the changes are gone. Huh? Also, can't write a new visualization file to the MC 19 program directory to where it's accessible from the visualization pick list inside MC.

I can go back to the XP side of my dual boot machine and from there the changes will be saved. Reboot into W8, and all is well - I can pick the new visualization from the list and it works as intended.

Were there any changes made in the program install that restricts access to the visualization folders? And whatever else I feel like tweaking? If so, how do I get around that? The problem exists in both my individual W8 user account AND the built in administrative - which should give me full access to anything on the computer.

Hep me!

PS ... not sure why, but MC19 is very unstable if I try to change visualizations. I've had quite a few program crashes since the upgrade. Works fine if I stick with the same one. Don't remember that being an issue in MC18. Also, no hardware or software changes other than the MC19 install since that would account for the issue.

Pages: [1]   Go Up