INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is there a dry run mode for import?  (Read 1750 times)

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Is there a dry run mode for import?
« on: August 24, 2014, 04:15:16 am »

I run import manually for films as I've had problems in the past with import repeatedly duplicating content that I've massaged into particles (for TV shows mainly). However I have a feeling that I now have missed a few discs I've ripped so need a method to find any such content without running into that duplicate problem. A dry run mode (a la like -n to rsync) would be ideal. Does this exist?

Alternatively is there a way to programatically query jriver to test whether some file/directory is in the library?

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
Re: Is there a dry run mode for import?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 04:02:08 pm »

Any suggestions welcome!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 04:56:49 pm »

Import should never reimport the same filename.  So ideally you'd just run the import and it'd work.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 05:11:10 pm »

Import should never reimport the same filename.  So ideally you'd just run the import and it'd work.
I had a thread on this previously - http://yabb.JRiver.com/interact/index.php?topic=89280.0

the consensus seemed to be it was a particle related problem, I haven't ripped many box sets recently (been holding off from that in favour of the rest of the discs in case a less time consuming solutions presents itself in the meantime) so haven't yet tried the approach MrC suggested.

nevertheless a dry run mode would be a useful thing imv (or a "here's what I'm going to do, commit or abort?" dialog though the data in that could get overwhelming and it's a bit of niche use case)
Pages: [1]   Go Up