INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: YouTube Questions  (Read 2264 times)

fluidz

• Junior Woodchuck
YouTube Questions
« on: November 07, 2013, 03:25:46 am »

Hi guys,

Two issues with JRiver 19's youtube player, there's no 1080p support and Youtube seems to be playing audio at 32bit, my Dac only outputs at 24bit.

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: YouTube Questions
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 04:08:48 am »

Youtube seems to be playing audio at 32bit, my Dac only outputs at 24bit.

The audio is encoded as AAC, and AAC is a lossy audio codec, which means it decodes to 32-bit floating point.
Audio Hardware can usually not output floating point, so it needs to be converted to integer. Since 32-bit floating point contains about 24 bits of actual data (read up on IEEE Floating Point if you want to know why only 24-bit), its usually converted to 24-bit integer. You could also convert it to 32-bit integer and output it like that, however there would be no advantages.

This explanation may seem rather technical, however just know that its working as intended and no data is lost. :)
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

bobkatz

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 02:09:07 pm »

I'm just trying to play YouTube videos for the first time and I'm having trouble getting JRiver's convolver or any of JRiver's standard audio processing to play. It seems the only way to play YouTube sound is to make my audio interface a default in Windows sound preferences. Then it plays out the interface. But, unfortunately, I have implemented a full digital crossover in JRiver as I need to feed both the mains and the subs. So, can JRiver intercept the sound path as well as the video path?

BK

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2013, 03:56:31 pm »

Youtube is played with a browser in MC, so you can't apply any of MC's audio processing.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2013, 04:01:32 pm »

I'm just trying to play YouTube videos for the first time and I'm having trouble getting JRiver's convolver or any of JRiver's standard audio processing to play. It seems the only way to play YouTube sound is to make my audio interface a default in Windows sound preferences. Then it plays out the interface. But, unfortunately, I have implemented a full digital crossover in JRiver as I need to feed both the mains and the subs. So, can JRiver intercept the sound path as well as the video path?

BK

I also use JRiver as my crossover in an active system, and you can get sound from youtube into JRiver by using the loopback functionality.  That typically requires using youtube in a browser outside of JRiver, but it's also possible to set up an extra loopback playback zone in JRiver depending on how your setup is configured.

fluidz

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2013, 03:36:21 am »

Thanks for the explanation guys :)
Still no word on 1080p or higher support?

Pages: [1]   Go Up