INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Oppo BD 103 and JRiver  (Read 6493 times)

robcentola

• Recent member
Oppo BD 103 and JRiver
« on: October 19, 2013, 03:54:32 pm »

Hey folks,

I've been looking around and posting on other forums without any luck. Hopefully, you good people will be able to help me with this.

I want to stream from my computer (mac and pc) using this software. I would like to know if I can do this without having to go into the UI of the Oppo. Meaning.....can I play my hi-res flac 24/192 files by using this wirelessly?

My set up is this: Peachtree220/Nova Pre connected to the Oppo via coaxial. I'm really only interested in 2 channel music. They system is driving Salk Songtowers. I'm happy with everything but I'm stuck on this. I can always plug the computer with a USB to the Nova Pre, but not having wires is so much more convenient, obviously. Do I have to open the Oppo on the TV and navigate that way, or can I conveniently browse from the computer and JRiver and it will go through the Oppo?

Sorry if I'm being repetitive, but I'm new to all this.

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Oppo BD 103 and JRiver
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 03:57:37 pm »

You might read some of the other Oppo posts here.  It depends on whether the Oppo can be used as a DLNA Renderer.

The definition is here:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/DLNA

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 07:44:32 am »

I want to stream from my computer (mac and pc) using this software. I would like to know if I can do this without having to go into the UI of the Oppo. Meaning.....can I play my hi-res flac 24/192 files by using this wirelessly?

Yes the Oppo 103 is a full fledged Digital Media Renderer (DMR). This means that MC can indeed "push" tracks to the Oppo. I have both MC and the 103 so I know this first hand. It works out of the box without problem.

Just so you know it, the Oppo also has its own UI for browsing files on a UPnP ContentDirectory, and playing those files by "pull". And this feature also works fine between the Oppo and MC. However the Oppo UI is pretty minimalistic, and very slow, so I don't really recommend this option.

The only weakness of the Oppo when playing tracks via UPnP is that although it can display the track meta data (album name, artist, track name, genre), it cannot display the album art. (It just shows a "music note" icon where you would expect the album art to be displayed).
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

robcentola

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2013, 09:30:30 am »

Awesome.

Yes, the UI that "pulls" is clunky at best. It will be nice to have this software that's faster and look way better.

denweeks

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2013, 11:00:14 pm »

Andrew, your response is encouraging. As a new Oppo 103 user and new JRiver MC19 for Mac user I have had no success during the last few days of trying to access the Oppo on MC. It shows the computer as player and lists our TV as another potential player. The router does recognize the Oppo. and the Oppo plays beautifully pulling from my computer which is remote but wired by ethernet.
Could you recommend settings that have worked for you. I've tried to minimize the firewall on the router. I've even manually opened a port on the router's connection to the oppo and set the MC to use that port.
SO ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2013, 03:17:53 am »

Andrew, your response is encouraging. As a new Oppo 103 user and new JRiver MC19 for Mac user I have had no success during the last few days of trying to access the Oppo on MC. It shows the computer as player and lists our TV as another potential player. The router does recognize the Oppo. and the Oppo plays beautifully pulling from my computer which is remote but wired by ethernet.

Let me just check: Are you saying that your TV does appear in MC as a player, whereas the Oppo does not appear? If so, can you please explain in detail what is different between the routing between the TV and MC, versus the routing between the Oppo and MC? (Did you try plugging the TVs Ethernet cable into the Oppo?)
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

Vectra

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2013, 05:51:26 pm »

I was able to play/push a movie file and music files from my JRiver MC19 PC sent to my Oppo 103 connected to my pre/pro & plasma TV.  I used JRiver on the PC.  I could also use the Oppo interface to pull files from my PC (not preferred).

I have an Oppo 103 Zone in JRiver.

Checked first box under Options:  DLNA
access key is listed
Checked Authentication box with my log in info

I'm also using Gizmo for control on an Android tablet.

CGW

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2013, 12:49:30 pm »

JRiver can launch TotalMedia to get BluRay menus and 3D, but can this be sent to the Oppo using DLNA rendering?
Pages: [1]   Go Up