INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC Server not showing/detecting MC Client anymore  (Read 1260 times)

rlebrette

MC Server not showing/detecting MC Client anymore
« on: November 05, 2013, 12:00:08 pm »

I face a problem for several weeks now, and since I don't understand what's wrong I hope someone will help me to fix it.

I've a MC Server and MC Client both are running MC 19.0.67 on Window 7 on the local network with no local firewall enabled.
Both have the MediaNetwork enabled, different access keys, authentication enabled with the same user/password (I know it's not required for the client)
The client is connected to the server media library as its default library.
But the client zones are not shown in the server zones! This also prevent me to use Gizmo to control the client from the server. Which parameter could I have changed that would prevent the server to see the client?

Thanks for help

rlebrette

Re: MC Server not showing/detecting MC Client anymore
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 12:01:12 pm »

I've to add that it was perfectly working few weeks ago (before 19.0.73)

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 03:26:19 pm »

It sounds like the MC server thinks the connected client is outside the local network. Do both machines show up as connected in your router's interface? Can you see both in Windows network options?

rlebrette

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 04:14:56 pm »

Thanks that's a good hint, I'm sure the client is seing the server but not checked whether the server is able to locate the client. I'm gokng to check.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 04:18:21 pm »

Your situation reminded me of the thread I created yesterday: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=84884.0

Remote clients can see everything going on in the server, but not the other way around.

rlebrette

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, 12:41:20 am »

Ok, I've found what's wrong, when the Windows firewall is totally disabled on the client there's no more open port! That makes no sense, but enable it again is fixing the problem.
I've to check the internet if this is the expected behavior and if something have been recently updated by Microsoft.
Pages: [1]   Go Up