INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Advice on importing a MC library of BD ISOs into the main Library  (Read 780 times)

rudyrednose

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...

Hi,
I have a standalone MC library of Blu-Rays ripped as ISO (let's call it ISOLib), that works very well.
I also have my main library having a lot of music, photos, TV series and TV shows (I am using OTA TV) that I will call MainLib.

As the Blu-Ray movies are in ISO form, as I imported and tagged the movies, MC created sidecar files.

Now, i know there is no direct ways of merging libraries.  However, when I tried to import those folders into MainLib, I could see that the tagging would be to do again.

I could create a NewLib that clones ISOLib, then import my other media files already tagged (from MainLib) into NewLib, but is there a better way of achieving this ?

How do I make shure the info contained in the sidecars are imported into newLib ?

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Re: Advice on importing a MC library of BD ISOs into the main Library
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 11:28:30 pm »

In the new folder, you should just be able to Right Click on the top level folder (in windows explorer) --> Media Center --> Import.  May be worth trying in a blank library to test.
JRiver CEO Elect

Sparks67

• World Citizen
Re: Advice on importing a MC library of BD ISOs into the main Library
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 01:29:22 pm »

I never got a BD ISO to work with import, but if you extract the ISO into the BD file format then it works fine.  I just use Winrar to extract the ISO to get the BD media file directory.  Then I just use import and most of the time it picks up the correct BD ray, but it depends on filename. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up