INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: my audio files-location is out of control  (Read 1075 times)

larryrup

• World Citizen
my audio files-location is out of control
« on: November 07, 2013, 01:24:23 pm »

I've done something terrible and cannot find cause.

I share a drive that contains my music files.  The PC the drive is in runs MC and this is where the problem displays.  I have another PC running MC on my home network that does not exhibit this problem.   Here's the problem.   The display of files with the standard/file list view shows the same songs three times (the songs are almost all only on the drive once-there may be an occasional legitimate duplicate).  Under locations on the left of the screen listed correctly is F:\music; but then there is another location listed as f:\music2, which seems to be the representation of the share for other PC's to use.  F:\music2 does not physically exist.  This causes the songs to be listed in file display twice.  It was never there previously....even with the share.   I have no idea of the possible reason for the 3rd appearance of the song in file view.  Locations also show c:\ where I have no music.  I've tried deleting the locations (and deleted some of my files my fault :() but in a few moments the location reappears.  The listings of the multiple songs never goes away unless I carefully delete them.  You can tell which ones to delete as there is no path or meta  data information with the ones that virtually listed.  Once the location pops back up, the multiple listings occur again.

Under auto import configuration, only F:\music is entered for music.  There does not appear to be a way to remove images and movies from the auto import configuration.  In any event, it's only f:\music for music.  Spent many hours looking to reverse whatever I did but cannot find it.  Any ideas?  What causes the locations to appear?

Appreciate any insight!

Larry
Larry
HTPC, , JRiver.  Music Source:Network share drive.  Speakers:B&W P6, AMP:Yaqin 100b, DAC:BiFrost Uber, Headphones:Audeze LCD2, Sens HD600, AT W5000, Headphone Amps:XCAN v8, Woo Fireflies, Original EarMax.
Pages: [1]   Go Up