INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How does one Combine Files  (Read 1469 times)

JIMV

• World Citizen
How does one Combine Files
« on: October 12, 2013, 03:52:20 pm »

I have a problem that I am sure can be fixed if I only knew how. If I rip a CD I get all the files on that CD under one album in the library with one bit of cover art. If I download an album from some sources, instead of a single album in my library I get a dozen separate song files. Sometimes the files import into 2 or three separate folders...ie; todays 'Happy Valley Vol I from Blue Coast was imported into the library as 4 separate folders each with one of more tracks???

So, my 2 questions.

1. How do I get all the files downloaded from a single album to appear as a single album in MC 19 and...
2. More importantly, how do I combine the ones already in my library into the proper folders/albums???

I have tried dragging the files into one pile but that fails.

imugli

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: How does one Combine Files
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 05:15:38 pm »

Highlight all the affected Tracks and change the "Album Artist" to Multiple Artists in the Tag window.
Then to ensure they're in the correct folder on your PC, highlight them again, right click > Rename, Copy, Move.
Fill in the folder / filename attributes as you want them and OK it.

Bob Broder

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 11:09:56 am »

That doesn't fix the problem - especially if you want to keep the artists listed.  I have the same problem when I download an album from HD Tracks and it puts most of the tracks in one album and others in separate albums.  I am old school and like to browse my albums as opposed to creating playlists.

Does anyone have another solution?  

Vocalpoint

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 01:59:48 pm »

That doesn't fix the problem - especially if you want to keep the artists listed.  I have the same problem when I download an album from HD Tracks and it puts most of the tracks in one album and others in separate albums.  I am old school and like to browse my albums as opposed to creating playlists.Does anyone have another solution?  

Has been working perfectly like this for me for years (imugli).

I am a bit confused on the part about "keeping the artists" listed and especially the part about browsing albums vs playlists. Not sure I understand what this means...could you elaborate a bit?

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, 03:00:31 pm »

I agree with Vocalpoint. If the Album Artist tag is (Multiple Artists) and the Album tag and Artist tags are filled in properly, then you can browse by album or artist. No need to create playlists. Works for me with HDTracks downloaded albums containing multiple artists.

crisnee

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2013, 09:45:19 pm »

Although multiple artists under album artist will work, it doesn't need to be that. It can be anything from Various to Jackson Browne as long as the field is the same for the whole album (each track in the album).

-Chris

crisnee

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2013, 09:53:56 pm »

Album Artist, if I understand it correctly, is a field that is meant to unify the album. I think it's meant to be an artist(s) that is there throughout. That's why one might use multiple artists when there is no one such artist, as in sampler albums. But theoretically one could also list every artist on the album in that field, as long as one filled the field for every track with all those artists. However, normally one uses the regular artist field for the artists that vary from track to track.

-Chris
Pages: [1]   Go Up