INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need Instructions To Exclude Folder inside of My Music for Auto-Import  (Read 2213 times)

scottpyper

• Recent member

Dear MC Universe,

I would like to exclude a folder INSIDE of My Music folder on my PC from the Auto-Import function.

Specifically, I want to exclude the iTunes folder which otherwise MC would read and create duplicates of all my songs. 

I do not see an option to exclude a folder inside of a folder.  Since iTunes folder, I believe, must reside inside of the My Music folder, I do not have a clue how to accomplish this.

I did not see any options to fulfill this inside of  "Add folders you would like the program to watch" or "Select any additional tasks that auto-import should perform".

Please advise....thanks!

Richee

• World Citizen
Re: Need Instructions To Exclude Folder inside of My Music for Auto-Import
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 09:52:46 pm »

In version 19, at top of Media Center select Tools/Import/Configure Auto Import.
Add ITunes folder, select Exclude mode.

Hope that helps.

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 01:23:25 am »

Exactly as Richee stated. Use the "Add" button and browse for the folder you want to exclude, then use the next field down to switch to exclude mode...

here's a picture to help you...

So, D:\Music\ is in my auto import list, so all other folders in there will continue to be monitored, but everything within "Vada's iPod" will be excluded.

-marko

scottpyper

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 01:56:06 pm »

Thank you very much for those ideas!

Would it also work to move the iTunes folder outside of the Music folder where it defaults to and simply have it sit as a folder in c:\iTunes\ ?  Would that work for iTunes or would that mess iTunes from functioning correctly?

Thanks again!

Neco

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2013, 07:15:04 am »

Depends on how Itunes works.   If it allows you to set the path to your library then I would think you should be able to move stuff to a new path and redesignate that patch within iTunes.

But I don't use iTunes, and given Apples propensity for  "You're too stupid. I have total control"  I would be surprised if you could even do something as simple as that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up