INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multi edit track filename  (Read 1070 times)

spiggytopes

• World Citizen
Multi edit track filename
« on: November 11, 2013, 01:44:43 am »

Hi All,

I did this once and now can't find it ....

I want to trim off the track number form the beginning of the file name , eg delete"01._" etc for all the tracks in an album.

Please remind me how to do this.

wig

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Multi edit track filename
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 07:23:43 am »

If your tracks are well named, I'd suggest using the Rename, Move and Copy tool to standardize all of your file names.

Select the files you want to modify, then go to Tools > Library Tools > Rename, Move & Copy Files.

Caveman1957

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 07:59:38 am »

If the bit you want to remove is part of the filename you can use the library function to update tags from filename and manipulate the fields to change what you need.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 12:55:49 pm »

If the filename appears in the [name] field, and you want to remove the same number of characters from the start of every file you can use an expression.
In Standard View:

1) Select a few files (2 or 3 should be enough).
2) Right click on the name field of an one of them and select rename (f2).
3) To remove two digits, a period and an underscore (e.g. 01._ that's four characters), type:
=removeleft([name],4)

That will return the [name] field minus the 4 leftmost characters for the 2-3 files selected. If this is correct, select all the files you wish to rename and repeat.
If the filename isn't in the [name] field, and you'd like it to be, you can simply do the above but substitute [filename (name)] for [name]. That will fill the [name] field with the filneame, minus the first four characters.

You can then rename the actual files using wig's suggestion of Rename, Move and Copy.

More details on the expression:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Expression_Language#RemoveLeft.28.E2.80.A6.29:_Trims_characters_from_the_beginning_of_a_string
Pages: [1]   Go Up