INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Deleted CD from Media Library returns to library view  (Read 1483 times)

mb1

• Recent member
Deleted CD from Media Library returns to library view
« on: October 30, 2013, 03:29:08 pm »

Hi.
Problem

1) Select a group of Cd's with a rating of 2. Choose delete from media library. Cd's removed from view but count of Cd's not decremented. ie If "100" Cd's in total, delete "10" should be "90".  Count does not change. Close MC. Reopen MC. Deleted "10" reappear. Count still "100".
2) Same steps as about but some will not reappear and count does decrement. Close and reopen. Count now returns to original count. There is some "randomness" I cannot figure out.

Have deleted "500" Cd's over a month. Many are gone from view but seem to be stuck at this total count. Currently the count ranges from "2578 to 2470".

Actions
Tried manually running auto import, create new database. Different sets of Cd's to delete. Delete one at a time.

Suggestions?

Windows 8, MC 19.6. Same result accessing with Windows 7 and MC 19.6

Thanks

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Deleted CD from Media Library returns to library view
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 04:03:11 pm »

A few questions that will help diagnose...

1. How are you deleting them (from disk or just removing them from the Library)?
2. Are you deleting them from a copy of MC running locally, or a client connected to a remote Library Server?
3. Where, specifically, are you getting the count from?
4. If you look for the deleted items in your Library, can you find them, or are they missing?
5. Please describe ALL settings in Options > Auto-Import for the folder that contains the files you're testing.  It is possible if you are choosing Remove From Library, and they are in a "watched" folder, that they are just being re-imported (which would happen when you close and relaunch MC, or eventually on its own).
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

mb1

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2013, 07:59:35 am »

Hi.
1. Removing from library. First option in "delete function options"
2. Locally or using windows remote desktop connection but not remote library.
3. In album view it shows  "all albums  then  (count of albums)".
4. If you mean on physical disk then yes. If you mean the JRiver views the album disappears when deleted and then returns. When returned playable.
5. All settings "checked" except for Analyze audio, analyze video and build thumbnails.

thanks.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2013, 12:17:55 pm »

When metadata for files won't change, or the files themselves return, it typically means the files or library are write-protected from MC.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

mb1

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2013, 08:31:38 am »

Hi.
Changed to "always run as administrator." Will test it today. It has been changing tag data correctly. Basis for the deletes has been an updating rating tag and general tag clean up. 
thanks

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2013, 11:24:46 am »

Hi.
Changed to "always run as administrator." Will test it today. It has been changing tag data correctly. Basis for the deletes has been an updating rating tag and general tag clean up. 
thanks

Just a little note that this is a smart thing to test, but you shouldn't need to run MC as administrator. 

So if it solves it, I'd recommend getting to the bottom of the permissions issue so you're not running elevated.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

mb1

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2013, 01:07:53 pm »

Hi.  Urgent DATABASE Deletions.

First the admin access made no difference.

Tracked one of the albums that was reappearing for each step of remove from the media library using  option (1) of delete. When the album reappears(the original problem) it does not have all the tracks just some. In many cases one or two tracks reappear with the album.
Then looking at the physical disc shows albums with one track or more missing; usually track 1. It also shows albums that have no tracks. It does not appear to be deleting the complete album but will need to confirm this in testing
Until you restore the album and then play it; the track deletion is not apparent.
I will take a set of duplicate albums to another folder for additional testing. Please advise if there is anything that I might test to solve this.

thanks

mb1

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2013, 02:36:59 pm »

Hi.
Same occurred in a retest after a restore of the physical data.
1) Delete from media library.
2) Close and restart JRiver. Auto Import is on.
3) Many of the Albums just deleted from media library reappear. Of those about 10% are missing tracks in the views but the physical tracks are on disc.
3a) In the retest Albums that were not part of steps 1 to 3 (at any time)also have missing tracks. The views indicate 2 tracks but disk has the correct 12.

The collection of CDs was tagged and cleaned in Tag&Rename. i.e. The physical tags are correct after a visual review of the tags of CDs(in Tag&Rename) that show up in the above issue.

thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up