Devices > Sound Cards, DAC's, Receivers, Speakers, and Headphones

Methods of output to an Audio Device

<< < (3/8) > >>

InflatableMouse:
Nice article Mojave!

--- Quote ---USB- audio devices are available from 2 - 32 channels of 24 or 32 bit PCM up to 192 kHz, can also be used for DSD
--- End quote ---

Some USB devices are accepting up to 384 kHz. The Teac UD-501 DAC for instance.

Bccc1:

--- Quote from: mojave on November 13, 2013, 05:16:10 pm ---
* USB- audio devices are available from 2 - 32 channels of 24 or 32 bit PCM up to 192 kHz, can also be used for DSD
--- End quote ---

With USB3 more channels are possible: The RME Madiface XT can be connected via USB 3.0 and deliver 196 ins and 198 outs, 192 of them via MADI. For better latency you can use PCIe with a Molex E-PCIe standard cable.

PMEYRANT:
I have acquired a DAC Wadia 321 and installed the driver from WADIA internet site.
I have tested JRiver with no improvement that I could hear between my computer using Cinnamon silver usb cable and my 25 year old cd Micromega Optic as transport connected with a Transparent digital cable to the Wadia DAC.
So I downloaded Jplay (a reported source of sound improvment) and followed the instructions but did not found the possibility to select Jplay because instead of "Asio", "Wadia (Asio)" is the device indicated without possibility to select Jplay in device settings.

How should I proceed to have Jplay functionning with the Wadia DAC and JRiver ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

JimH:
Jplay is not supported.  It doesn't do anything.

prerich:
Working on getting my USB/Thunderbolt Motu 16A!!!!  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version