Devices > Sound Cards, DAC's, Receivers, Speakers, and Headphones

Methods of output to an Audio Device

<< < (2/8) > >>

themassacre:
Hello all,
New to the site and new to figuring out how best to set up a music server on an old computer that I have kicking around.  I would like to set up the software (JRiver), download about 1,000 cd's, get the best quality sound card for audiophile playback, and then hook up the system to my Bryston SP2 Preamp so I can sit back and listen to the best possible sound through my high fidelity system.

I also have an OPPO BDP-105 Blue Ray Player so I have a DAC in it and also one in the Bryston.

What do you recommend and can you provide a easy to follow how to do summary for me?

Thank you all.

ronkupper:
This should be pinned!
Thanks Mojave!

mojave:
I added Thunderbolt to the Internal Digital Output section. My Lynx Aurora 16 Thunderbolt should be here in a couple of weeks.

bugeyed:
Nice post! This will be a lot of help to many.
One note, DAC stands for Digital to Analogue Converter, not Digital to Audio Converter.

Cheers,
kev

mojave:

--- Quote from: bugeyed on August 03, 2014, 06:17:39 pm ---Nice post! This will be a lot of help to many.
One note, DAC stands for Digital to Analogue Converter, not Digital to Audio Converter.

Cheers,
kev

--- End quote ---
Thanks. I can't believe someone didn't catch that error sooner.  :) I did change the spelling to the "correct" version of analog.   ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version