INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Organising channels, seperating radio, guide setting up  (Read 1236 times)

chug

• Recent member
Organising channels, seperating radio, guide setting up
« on: November 13, 2013, 08:28:08 pm »

Is it possible to organise the channels list? I can't seem to find a way and have resorted to just hiding a bunch.

Can radio channels be separated from the TV list? It would be great if under where it says Television, it could say Radio, and all the radio channels put in there, maybe even internet radio channels too?

What is the best way to set up guides for uk dvbt2? I tried having a play with them (by which I mean changing the guide provider, not method) and it resulted in JRiver crashing and leaving a nasty sound coming from the speakers untill I started the program again. At the moment it seems to be missing quite a few channels.

Cheers

chug

• Recent member
Re: Organising channels, seperating radio, guide setting up
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 08:32:50 pm »

Should have looked harder for the edit channel list

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 08:58:47 pm »

Generally, you should use "Hidden" keyword to hide channels that you do not ever need (TV Options... > Hidden Channels).  Also try searching this board for subjects on TV channels smartlist.

Currently Radio channels are not separable from television channels.

Channel stacking: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=81979.msg558848#msg558848
and http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=84872.msg580555#msg580555
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Sandy B Ridge

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 02:44:31 pm »

Currently Radio channels are not separable from television channels.

I managed this about 18 months ago. You can create a smartlist of tv channels and a smartlist of radio channels by using an expression. I forget now what it is, but you can do a search for 'dvb radio' and me and the expression will be in there somewhere. I think the expression didn't work directly in theaterview, so I assigned a keyword to the radio channels in the smartlist and filtered the theaterview epg grid view based on the keyword (which did work).

I'm away for a few days, so I can't give any more specifics than that. I can post again next week if you're still stuck.

For guide data you can use various xmltv engines:
xmltvgui is one
epg collector is another (uses ota data, but can also merge xmltv data with another provider)
jriver uses mc2xml which is based on the windows media center data.

I use a combined epg collector for ota dvb-s data and merged with digiguide data (pay service) via xmltvgui.

Sbr
Pages: [1]   Go Up