INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Disc numbers not listed when importing CD's  (Read 1257 times)

JohanJooste

• Junior Woodchuck
Disc numbers not listed when importing CD's
« on: November 14, 2013, 03:06:07 am »

Morning, please advise why prior to importing from CD all the relevant disc information is displayed but not the disc number. I have to
add it manually in JRiver MC, with iTunes I did not have to do it manually it was listed/imported automatically.

Any ideas please guys.
tx

jjooste

• Recent member
Re: Disc numbers not listed when importing CD's
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 03:49:45 am »

OT:  What's the odds of two guys with the same names posting at almost the same time?    :o

jjooste

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 12:49:40 am »

Excuse my ignorance, but where would you want to use "Disc #"?  Part of the album name? 
What does "Disk #" look like in iTunes, just sequential numbers for each album per artist? 
Since MC automatically sorts by date, I have never needed to number albums to get the order correct.

JohanJooste

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 01:02:21 am »

Basically in MC Library view if you have an Artist eg Pink Floyd's The Wall which is a 2 CD set you'd want to distinguish
between the two disc's else it will just list Track 1 Disc 1 directly followed by Track 1 Disc 2, followed by Track 2 Disc 1
and Track 2 Disc 2 etc etc

I am keeping the Album Name as is instead of adding the Disc Number in the Album Name hence the addition of the disc
number field in the library.

The Disc number is listed in MC and iTunes as a numeric value 1 or 2 or how many disc's are in the particular album set.

Note that originally iTunes listed the disc number on ripping a new Album automatically when it got the Album info from
the web. MC though does not do that it only gets the Album info.

jjooste

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2013, 01:10:05 am »

I usually just do the following to the album title:

Live at the BBC d1
Live at the BBC d2
Live at the BBC d3

But I do understand what you are saying.  Perhaps this information is not stored in the database referenced.
Pages: [1]   Go Up