INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver/Synology Ds1512+/M1 Clic/ipad-iphone  (Read 3053 times)

Dimitrisco

• Recent member
JRiver/Synology Ds1512+/M1 Clic/ipad-iphone
« on: November 14, 2013, 03:41:05 pm »

I am new to this forum and although I searched for a solution to my problem, I only found a couple of answers  that are rather obsolete.
So, all my music (mostly flac and mp3) is stored in a Synology DS1512+ NAS (Media server) and through my network is played on a Musical Fidelity M1 Clic (Renderer) which is connected to my audio system. I now use either Synology's Audio station (via its IOS app) or Musical Fidelity's ipad/iphone app to remotely browse and play my music. I also have tasted JRiver's features on my desktop PC and i am convinced in its superiority. I would like to take advantage of these features without having to leave my PC on all the time. Is there a solution to this yet?
Thanks in advance!

csimon

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRiver/Synology Ds1512+/M1 Clic/ipad-iphone
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 03:59:49 pm »

No, afraid not! MC needs to be running in order to make use of it, i.e. on a Windows PC or a Mac. A Linux version is currently being developed but in the first instance it will not run as a server-only instance on a NAS box.

However, you can remotely control MC on your iOS device using the third-party JRemote app.

roognation

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Resistance is /dev/null
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 06:33:47 pm »

I am too waiting for the server version for use on Qnap and Synology NAS devices...will be very very cool.  Until then, I re-purposed an old Sony Vaio WinXP Pro laptop to run MC and leave the screen off; headphone-output is a little weak compared to other sources, but it works pretty well.

I use android devices and Gizmo to control; very nice and "free" if you pay for MC of course.

I have loaded MC on to a Linux box and done some minimal testing...promising.
==
roognation
human electrode

Dimitrisco

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2013, 06:38:14 am »

Thanks for your answers guys. It's not that I don't have alternatives, it's just that it would be reaaly cool to have available the best solution on the market regardless of the setup in use. I guess many of us are waiting for the Linux update, aren't we?
Pages: [1]   Go Up