INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to include & use CHAPTERs in movie rips (DVD & Bluray)?  (Read 1412 times)

Vectra

• Recent member
How to include & use CHAPTERs in movie rips (DVD & Bluray)?
« on: November 15, 2013, 12:01:57 pm »

I would like to use my remote and/or Gizmo tablet remote to skip ahead by chapter when playing movies from hard drive w/JRiver.  It seems my files are all one chapter.

DVD rips:  DVD Shrink
BluRay rips:  MakeMKV (it see the chapters during read I don't see them when I play the movie in JRiver)

I see on internet several posts asking why no chapters using MakeMKV but no real answer.

I have AnyDVD HD.
I am currently connecting my PC to Oppo 103 via HDMI back input and then Oppo HDMI to display (audio goes analog out to pre-pro).

THX

Vectra

• Recent member
Re: How to include & use CHAPTERs in movie rips (DVD & Bluray)?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 03:32:02 pm »

I tried another video player (MPC-HC) and was able to see and use the Chapters so the issue seems to be that JRiver isn't recognizing the chapters.   Any suggestions?  I own JRiver and like it but would like to skip ahead using chapters (i.e. when I need to finish a movie from a prior viewing session  and especially with Concert videos to skip songs).

Sparks67

• World Citizen
Re: How to include & use CHAPTERs in movie rips (DVD & Bluray)?
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2013, 05:55:49 pm »

I rip via AnyDVD HD, the chapter is there.  Although, J river doesn't see it.  I can use another player and it works fine.  Just that JRiver doesn't seem to work. 
Doesn't matter if it is DVD or Bluray. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up