INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sony Bravia crashes MC18  (Read 832 times)

pai gwat

Sony Bravia crashes MC18
« on: November 17, 2013, 10:10:31 pm »

Hi All,

Im using MC18 on a Mac Mini plugged into my TV.....I use MC primarily for playing music.  I previously had a Toshiba TV and could access my music using my iPhone with JRemote app with MC running and the TV off.  Changed my TV on the weekend to a Sony Bravia. Whenever I turn off the TV and have music running,  MC crashes after about 30 seconds.   I've disabled  Bravia sync in the TV settings (which allows the TV to control Sony equipment connected via HDMI) but the problem persists.  Does anyone know how to resolve this problem?

Many thanks,

P.

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Sony Bravia crashes MC18
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 08:27:22 am »

^

I assume you are connecting to your TV via HDMI.

In which case you should check if there is an updated version of the HDMI video driver for your PC. Check with the video card manufacturer. Or the motherboard manufacturer if you have HDMI video on board.

You might also play around with MC's Audio and Video Output Options (CTRL+O) e.g. WASAPI vs. ASIO vs. Windows vs. DirectSound etc.
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 10:47:46 am »

Have you tried rebooting the MC computer while the TV is turned on (so your PC sees the HDMI connection at startup)?

pai gwat

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 08:51:36 pm »

Thanks for replies.  Yes the Mac mini is connected via HDMI and the drivers are all up to date. The computer was booted with the TV on. Given that the player is solely for music, can I just disable video output?  And for pure audio output, which option is likely to give me the best sound quality ?

Pages: [1]   Go Up