INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Not imported files : how to know why ?  (Read 2105 times)

Côme

• Recent member
Not imported files : how to know why ?
« on: November 23, 2013, 11:57:30 am »

Hello,

I'm currently testing JRiver 19 (Mac version). I imported my music files (~15000 files), mostly lossless with ALAC m4a format.
Globally it worked well: only 4 files weren't imported.

The problem is that I don't know why those 4 files weren't imported: they all import correctly under iTunes and Synology audio station. And they all play well. I don't see any special character in the filename. How to know why those files don't import well ? Is there a mean to correct them ?

Thanks for your help.
Regards.
Côme

Côme

• Recent member
Re: Not imported files : how to know why ?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 06:33:31 am »

I finally re-ripped the four files with another CD reader and another tool and it works now.
Anyway, it could be nice to have more information about the reason why some files aren't imported.

Regards,
Côme

nathan_berg

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 06:06:06 am »

Can say but when I have problems it is usually due to an invalid ATOM, in the header of the file

Côme

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 06:22:58 am »

Can say but when I have problems it is usually due to an invalid ATOM, in the header of the file

Hi,
Thanks for your answer. It must be something like this : I tried to convert my m4a to flac with XLD and there was a runtime error during conversion in the end of the file. So I guess it's a bad format, even if iTunes or my other readers didn't see it.

Regards,
Côme

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2013, 01:07:24 pm »

If you put one of those files in Dropbox and send us a link, we can take a look to see if our m4a reader can be more forgiving.  logs at jriver dot com
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

Côme

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2013, 02:14:02 am »

If you put one of those files in Dropbox and send us a link, we can take a look to see if our m4a reader can be more forgiving.  logs at jriver dot com

Hi,

Here is one of the files : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/117560/02%20John%20Coltrane%20-%20Soul%20eyes.m4a
Anyway, I found it nice that jriver detected this file was bad, since I was able to re-rip it.
If you make jriver able to import this kind of bad file, it could be nice to still detect the "bad" format of the file.

Regards,
Côme

JohnT

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2013, 09:45:23 am »

Thanks, we'll take a look at this file.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2013, 08:33:16 am »

I did some testing on the file.  MC detects some inconsistencies and rejects it.  The error detected is that among a total of 3509 chunks of audio data, the last 35 chunks simply do not exist in the file.  The chunk offset table entries for those chunks point to file locations that are not valid for audio data.  Besides that, the last two minutes or so audio data that supposedly do exist in the file do not play.  VLC crashes right after it played to 3:17 mark.  Quicktime and WMP play the file to the end, but from 3:17 to 5:25 they output mostly silence and occasional loud noises.

It is not a good idea for MC to try accepting files like this.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Côme

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2013, 02:20:03 am »

It is not a good idea for MC to try accepting files like this.

Hi,
You are right. At first, I though it was just an issue with the tag headers.
I prefer this behavior to iTunes, too.

Thanks for your help
Regards,
Côme
Pages: [1]   Go Up