INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Network problems  (Read 673 times)

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Media Network problems
« on: November 17, 2013, 02:22:07 pm »

This highlighted an issue for me Jim.

None of my Library Server clients would connect to my server while your server was down, I'm assuming because they couldn't look up the access key from JRiver.

The server is on the same local network, so I would have expected that the clients to cache the last known IP address and at least try that before reporting a failure.

The only way I could get the clients to connect was to create a new library using the local IP instead of access key, certainly not something I'd expect my wife or kids to be able to do if I'm away from the house.

I think this need to be looked into as it a pretty big single point of failure for Library server setups if last know addresses aren't automatically attempted if a access key lookup fails.

Thanks
Richard

mrfx

• Junior Woodchuck
Media Network problems
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 03:03:10 pm »

[...]
None of my Library Server clients would connect to my server while your server was down, I'm assuming because they couldn't look up the access key from JRiver.
[...]

I had this problem too. I could control server (play/stop/pause etc.) from client, but could not load remote library (on the same LAN).
Pages: [1]   Go Up