INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lost all "To Be Recorded"  (Read 895 times)

rec head

• Citizen of the Universe
Lost all "To Be Recorded"
« on: November 23, 2013, 08:14:55 am »

My wife is pretty patient with all my AV nonsense but I got in trouble when after finally fully moving away from WMC for recording OTA TV MC lost the whole list of recordings. I don't know if this happened after an update or when exactly (I'm on v19 and keep it pretty up to date). MC was working great for recording and I really liked how it pulled metadata for the recordings. Then after a couple weeks of no new shows I finally checked the list of series To Be Recorded and it was empty. After setting up the recordings I don't think I changed the settings in any way. Is this a fluke? Did I inadvertently mess something up? Was there a known bug? I would really like to go back to using MC but I'm a little afraid. 

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Lost all "To Be Recorded"
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 08:17:09 am »

Sorry about this.

I have recording rules that are many years old, and am not aware of any systemic problem here.

Did you clear your library or change libraries?  Recording rules are part of the library.

You can see all your rules in MC > Drives & Devices > Television > Recording Rules.

Another possibility is that if you reset your channel list, you could have rules pointing to channels that no longer exist.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

rec head

Re: Lost all "To Be Recorded"
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2013, 08:30:17 am »

Thanks for the response.

I only use one library and have not cleared it. If I did change libraries somehow and then changed back to the regular one it would still have the rules right?

I have not messed with the channel list since first setting it up.

So your opinion is that either I did something on accident (I don't deny that I could have) or something weird and unique happened. If that is the case I will start moving less crucial shows back to MC and see how it goes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up