INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bit rates with DLNA?  (Read 1587 times)

jphilpit

• Recent member
Bit rates with DLNA?
« on: November 11, 2013, 03:46:11 pm »

Although I bought MC19.0.54 to solve problems I was having with WMP's library management, I'm now intrigued by its ability to be more than a library manager. And having never had a good way of playing the same music files from my PC in multiple rooms in my apartment, I've spent the afternoon looking into the DLNA option in MC19. I've been reading your wiki, and searching here, and doing lots of web searching.

My current AV receiver (a Denon) has the ability to play music files from WMP on my PC over an Ethernet cable, but it has stopped working twice. So I was considering upgrading to a larger more expensive Denon that functions as a DLNA Player. But a Customer Support Rep at Denon said that the box only supports WMA files up to 192 kbps. (Mine are mostly lossless VBR, so in the 500-800 range.)

Questions:
1. Is the bit rate capability of the DNLA Player a known problem for playback from MC19, so I should not take the approach I was considering?
2. If so, are there other ways for me to get my CD-quality music from MC19 to an AV Receiver (assume money is no issue)?
3. And if audio bit rates are an issue, will there be a similar constraint on video over DLNA (or any other pipe)?

Thanks,
John

jphilpit

• Recent member
Re: Bit rates with DLNA?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 07:16:08 pm »

Consider this thread closed. I've found DNLA players that work fine at higher bitrates. It was just the first few I looked at that suggested otherwise.
Pages: [1]   Go Up