INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Connecting With Gizmo - Is Internet Access Required?  (Read 1207 times)

Zhillsguy

• Galactic Citizen
Connecting With Gizmo - Is Internet Access Required?
« on: November 19, 2013, 02:57:28 pm »

If so, is there a workaround? I need to have remote control without internet. I am using a Samsung G3 with my laptop, both on a wireless router with no internet access.
Ryzen 5 W11 x64 MC 29 HTPC/Server and HP G2 Mini Elitedesk W11 MC 29 (music only zone), various Android Phones and Tablets for control of both, powering two lanai surround systems, 5.1 and 4.1 respectively.

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Connecting With Gizmo - Is Internet Access Required?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 03:04:55 pm »

You should be able to enter a IP Address and Port directly to connect over LAN.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Zhillsguy

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 10:08:18 pm »

Thank you! I opened a browser on the phone and put in http://(laptop-ipaddress):port# and Gizmo works great. I purchased a cheapie 3G WiFi router (usb powered) just for this purpose, to use in my backyard when I set up my pa and am out of internet range. Excellent.
Ryzen 5 W11 x64 MC 29 HTPC/Server and HP G2 Mini Elitedesk W11 MC 29 (music only zone), various Android Phones and Tablets for control of both, powering two lanai surround systems, 5.1 and 4.1 respectively.

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 01:24:00 am »

You can also do it directly in the Gizmo application, if i remember correctly. Although WebGizmo works too, of course!
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Zhillsguy

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2013, 06:53:58 pm »

You are correct! Using Gizmo I put in (laptop-ip address):port# for the access key, and it worked! Thanks! I like the added functionality of the app over the web version......having a choice is even better.
Pages: [1]   Go Up