INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Amazon Video, Theater View  (Read 3762 times)

ivb

• Junior Woodchuck
Amazon Video, Theater View
« on: November 23, 2013, 01:28:14 pm »

I see that Amazon is in the "services" section in the standard view.  I don't see it in the Theater View. There's also not much mention of it on the forums. Does this mean its not one of the actively requested or worked on items?  Or is there some programming mechanism I can employ to just do it myself? (don't think so, didn't see anything)

Basically, I grow weary of having so many darn input sources, and the resultant complexity. I haven't built an HTPC since the SageTV HD100 came out, but in the two years since the Google acquisition more video sources have come out so perhaps its time.

currently at:
1) Sage HD200
2) Roku (netflix, amazon, hulu-plus)
3) Samsung 3D-BluRay player
4) Chromecast (Google Play movies)

I'd love to do some minor gaming, but I wouldn't do it enough to warrant $400-$600 on PS4/xBox, plus that would be video 5.  Hence, renewed interest in what MC Theater View can do to help me out.

justsomeguy

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Amazon Video, Theater View
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 03:26:03 pm »

I would love to be able to access amazon video through theater viewas well. I have an amazon prime account and anytime I want to use it to watch a video I have to exit MC.

cupey

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 08:20:54 pm »

that would be amazing! I'm an Amazon prime member as well

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2013, 09:26:26 pm »

I would like it too, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Back when the Amazon MP3 store was "new-ish" I know JRiver contacted Amazon (I think more than once) looking to integrate the store into MC (ala iTunes) and if I'm not remembering wrong, it was like talking to a brick wall.

They (Amazon) aren't interested.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

justsomeguy

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2013, 02:32:15 am »

I would like it too, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Back when the Amazon MP3 store was "new-ish" I know JRiver contacted Amazon (I think more than once) looking to integrate the store into MC (ala iTunes) and if I'm not remembering wrong, it was like talking to a brick wall.

They (Amazon) aren't interested.

That may have been the case in the past but maybe they've become more reasonable. Lots of devices now integrate amazon video, my TV can stream it. I wonder if these companies pay for the right to add support to their devices though. You'd think they'd let anyone that wanted to to add support for it. More devices supporting your service = more paying subscribers they'd receive.

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2013, 02:41:32 am »

I actually get Amazon video streaming as part of another service I'm subscribed to, so it would be really nice to have access to playback via madVR and the JRiver audio engine.

connersw

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2013, 07:21:51 am »

We also have Amazon Prime and no Netflix, so another vote for integration.  I'm not keeping my hopes up though.

Sparks67

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2013, 07:53:31 am »

Delete

MrVining

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2014, 09:07:11 pm »

I buy my movies through Amazon, and I have the Prime for shipping, I would LOVE for it to be integrated.
Pages: [1]   Go Up