INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gapless playback problem [Solved]  (Read 1029 times)

Brovig

• Recent member
Gapless playback problem [Solved]
« on: November 22, 2013, 09:01:43 pm »

I have recently added an HDTracks copy of the Joni Mitchell live album Miles of Aisles and there's a very small but annoying gap/pause between each track. I don't have this problem with a variety of other live albums in my library (Dylan, Young etc).

I'm running MC19 19.0.67 and the Options/Audio/Track Change settings are: Gapless / Do not play silence / Use gapless

Is there a setting for making specific albums gapless - as I think there is (or was) in iTunes?

Thanks for your help with this!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Gapless playback problem
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 09:09:22 pm »

I think you have the settings right, so it's possible that album just isn't perfectly gapless.

Does it sound gapless in other players?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

TedSmith

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2013, 03:19:09 am »

I have recently added an HDTracks copy of the Joni Mitchell live album Miles of Aisles and there's a very small but annoying gap/pause between each track. I don't have this problem with a variety of other live albums in my library (Dylan, Young etc).
FWIW The 24/96 flac version from HDTracks plays gaplessly with MC19 19.0.74 here.

Brovig

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2013, 04:50:05 pm »

Many thanks, gents. I have found the cause of the problem and it's the file and not MC19. The 24-96 file was converted from an original 24-192 HDtracks file and the latter plays nicely without gaps in MC19. So clearly it's the converter that had added the small but annoying gap!
Pages: [1]   Go Up