INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lynx Hilo  (Read 1828 times)

mstan

• Galactic Citizen
Lynx Hilo
« on: November 27, 2013, 10:51:26 pm »

Guys,

I can't get consistent audio working on the Lynx Hilo for love or money.   

No matter what settings or driver I choose I can't get basic audio performance from Hilo under MC19.    I can get it to play either 44.1 or 96k sample rate files but it won't switch between them automatically.   When  i get 44.1 to play correctly and then play a 96k file, it is in sow motion indicating a mismatched sample rate or clock?  And vice versa.    DSD64 files? forget it, just white noise.      Under Mac OS X 10.8.5 everything works with little to no setup configuration; only downside is no video.    So devs, love this program but music under Windows? What am I missing?
set up info:

Mac Mini early '09 4GB ram
Win 7 32 bit Home Prem under boot camp
MC19.82 under Windows

Trumpetguy

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Lynx Hilo
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 01:32:23 am »

It may just as well be something with your audio driver. Did you cross-post this on the Lynx user forum? They can be (or sometimes not be) very responsive.

mstan

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2013, 08:20:33 am »

Yes I did post there.

mstan

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2013, 05:42:15 pm »

Never mind - I figured it out.  I had both optical and usb connections to the Hilo from the Mini.  I unplugged the optical and suddenly Hilo has exclusive access.    Apparently Windows can't handle two digital connections simultaneously and gets confused even though I select Hilo USB as the default.   Mac OS X has no problem with this.

Jumpsturdy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2013, 07:27:48 pm »

Just wanted to add that I also have a Hilo and mac mini (2011) and with bootcamp use MC for PC (Win 8.1) as well as Mac (integer mode in Mavericks) and using just USB works great with both OSs. I have my TV running optical to the Hilo at the same time, routed through the Hilo monitor out, and both line and monitor outputs into separate channels on my preamp. So switching can be done with the preamp remote. Love the sound and utility of the Hilo. But really having a hard time deciding which version of MC sounds better. Been using the PC version most because of the added features, though I  suspect there will be parity before too, too long between the PC and Mac versions.

mstan

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2013, 11:04:19 pm »

But really having a hard time deciding which version of MC sounds better. Been using the PC version most because of the added features, though I  suspect there will be parity before too, too long between the PC and Mac versions.

Assuming you are using bit-perfect settings and exclusive mode on both Windows and Mac, they sound identical.    Certainly agree that the Hilo sounds great but I do wish Lynx would get their act together with software updates for it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up