INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wrong Artwork Displays  (Read 1830 times)

mwheelerk

• Galactic Citizen
Wrong Artwork Displays
« on: October 31, 2013, 08:34:33 am »

Although I have owned JMRC for Mac MC18 and MC19 since release and added JRemote more than a month ago I have only this week begun using it in earnest. I have lots more to learn but at least I am progressing.

I have come across one problem with artwork display. While playing an album, Beck Sea Change the artwork displayed showed two different covers both for this album. I embedded a copy of the MFSL cover which is what my file is sourced from. The other cover I have seen before but never had which I think was from a Deluxe Edition of the album. I checked my file path for each song in this album and the proper artwork appears and I don't see this other cover anywhere except in the JRiver and JRemote displays.

I scrolled through a couple of hundred other albums to see if there were other versions of artwork other then what I had embedded. What could be the issue and how do I correct it?
Believe In Music GR MI 1973 - 2002

bplexico

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Wrong Artwork Displays
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2013, 02:45:42 pm »

Out of curiosity, in the folder that contains the music files for that album do you have a file called Folder.jpg?

Mac Mini (16Gb memory, 2.3GHz i7, SSD), Synology NAS, MSB Analog DAC, Tubes, Cables, DeVore O/96s

mwheelerk

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2013, 07:42:30 am »

Out of curiosity, in the folder that contains the music files for that album do you have a file called Folder.jpg?

No I do not.

mwheelerk

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 08:49:42 am »

I wanted to make sure I understood.  Are you saying if I follow the path Music>Artist>Album and then see the listof songs (which already have the artwork embedded) that there is another folder called Folder.jpg and you have artwork for the album residing in there or is there simply a file "folder"(artwork for that album).jpg?

mwheelerk

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2013, 09:13:36 am »

I really would appreciate some input and guidance on why this is happening.  So far I have only noticed it occurring on this one album, Beck Sea Change, but I haven't been able to check all 1700.  Here are some screen shots of what I see.  The MFSL cover is the proper cover.  I checked the root files and it appears embedded properly as all my other covers are.  Why the other cover appears is beyond me. I have never used that cover before.  It there something I need to check or set up within MC to ensure that it is not replacing my album art?

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2013, 09:28:26 am »

MC won't replace your cover art unless you tell it to.  Old versions of WMC and Windows Home Server did.

You may be seeing cover art that is in the same folder as the audio tracks.

It's also possible the cover art database at JRiver has the wrong file.

mwheelerk

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2013, 10:33:28 am »

MC won't replace your cover art unless you tell it to.  Old versions of WMC and Windows Home Server did.

You may be seeing cover art that is in the same folder as the audio tracks.

It's also possible the cover art database at JRiver has the wrong file.

The third screen shot shows my file folder with the songs and there is no additional artwork within that folder.

mwheelerk

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2013, 07:47:12 pm »

I fixed it by simply deleting the album artwork and re-embedding it. I haven't come across any others. Slowly but surely I am learning about MC for Mac and the more I learn the more comfortable and trusting of it I am the more I like it and the more I use it. If I can solve some questions about tagging I might be iTunes finally to sleep.
Pages: [1]   Go Up