INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Always On Top option for DSP Studio?  (Read 1390 times)

crisnee

• World Citizen
Always On Top option for DSP Studio?
« on: November 25, 2013, 10:29:58 pm »

Is there an Always On Top option for Dsp Studio. If not, it seems to me there should be. Whether using plugins like TB Isone, or MC standards like Room Correction or PEQ, it would be nice to be able to test settings without having to either half screen MC or to dig up the DSP Studio Window after every venture into MC proper.

It would also be nice if one could set the DSP Studio window to a desired size as it now resizes itself whenever one activates or clicks on another plugin.

-Chris

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Always On Top option for DSP Studio?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 11:31:13 pm »

i do agree on the resizing

as one who uses multiple monitors, and betting that a disproportionately large number of MC users also do, i just put the DSP window in the "other" monitor.  but i see your point and i'll agree in the hopes that this may happen, as I do a lot of playing with different settings myself

FWIW if you are using a modern windows, the DSP just shows up as a 2nd window under the MC icon, which i'd hardly call digging up.   rather than "always on top" i feel it would be more useful to be able to show the DSP studio as a frame in MC proper...or even in the display window, something like that so it could always be handy rather than a separate window

crisnee

• World Citizen
Re: Always On Top option for DSP Studio?
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2013, 12:12:16 am »

FWIW if you are using a modern windows, the DSP just shows up as a 2nd window under the MC icon, which i'd hardly call digging up.   rather than "always on top" i feel it would be more useful to be able to show the DSP studio as a frame in MC proper...or even in the display window, something like that so it could always be handy rather than a separate window

Yes, digging up might be a bit strong, but still when you're testing different tracks and each time you have to..., Besides the taskbar is not always available, for instance when some other process for whatever reason wants your attention.

However, I'll gladly settle for your idea of a display window or frame for DSP studio.

MC is so complex and has way more than I could ever want re organization, function and eye candy, and yet there are so many small conveniences and options that many much more basic programs include, that the MC folks seem to have no interest in giving to their users. I don't get it.

-Chris

Pages: [1]   Go Up