INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hard sound between switching different quality (bitrate etc)  (Read 1383 times)

Wilcoos

Hard sound between switching different quality (bitrate etc)
« on: November 28, 2013, 01:57:34 am »

Hi,

I'm new here, and a happy JRiver user. Running the latest version now. But...

When switching between different quality of Flac files I got a very hard sound/glitch. When there is a big difference the sound is harder. Does anyone know how to solve this?

My setup: HTPC (own build) - Stello U3 - Exposure 2010 DAC - Exposure 3010 power amps - AudioVector S3 Super

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Hard sound between switching different quality (bitrate etc)
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 06:20:16 am »

Unfortunately this is often caused by the DAC itself, but there are some options you can try to see if it helps.

Under Tools > Options > Audio > Audio Device > Device Settings try adjusting the size of the buffer to see if it helps. Sometimes larger or smaller will help.
Under Tools > Options > Audio > Settings you can also try Play silence at startup for hardware synchronization which may avoid the noise.

Failing that, you might want to use a fixed output at the highest sample rate your DAC supports, and have Media Center upsample the other tracks.

This can be set via Player > DSP Studio > Output Format.

Trumpetguy

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2013, 06:23:47 am »

My Lynx DAC does this every time it changes sample rate. First there is a LED indicator blinking that indicates that the DAC's master clock is adjusting. When the Master Clock locks on the new sample rate there is a hard, loud, very short static. 

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2013, 06:45:53 am »

My Lynx DAC does this every time it changes sample rate. First there is a LED indicator blinking that indicates that the DAC's master clock is adjusting. When the Master Clock locks on the new sample rate there is a hard, loud, very short static.
This sounds like it would be solved by Play silence at startup for hardware synchronization.

Wilcoos

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2013, 06:50:54 am »

I will check my settings. I know that the play silence option is selected, I've also played some times with the buffer.

But, I don't use the DSP Studio - Output format at the moment. I'll let you know.

Trumpetguy

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2013, 07:01:48 am »

This sounds like it would be solved by Play silence at startup for hardware synchronization.

Oooh, never though of that. Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up