INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Program split in to 3 recordings, then MC stops working  (Read 1034 times)

dorsetjon

• Recent member
Program split in to 3 recordings, then MC stops working
« on: November 28, 2013, 03:41:53 pm »

Hi,

I scheduled a 1 hour program to be recorded tonight. After 20 minutes I wanted to start watching the program so went to the Shows list. It had 3 entries for the program - one was a recording of the first 9 minutes and the other two were recordings starting after the first one recording stopped. Nothing was done in MC before I wanted to start watching at the 20 minute point, i.e. no-one touched MC at 9 minutes.

Of the two recordings that started at 9 minutes, one of those was recording the program correctly from where the first entry finished. Out of interest I also tried to watch the other recording but, given I only have 1 tuner, I got a message that the tuner was in use.

The recording then didn't stop even though it has gone on well beyond it's programmed time. I tried to stop the recording using the down arrow key to get to the Recording menu, but that had no effect. I tried to watch another channel and, when prompted, accepted the message to cancel recording and switch to that channel. But recording continued on the original channel and the only difference was that MC said it was recording the new channel. There was no option to "Cancel recording" anywhere. I deleted the recordings but still MC was stuck on the channel I originally recorded and it claimed it was recording. Eventually I had to shutdown MC and restart to clear all this.

So something clearly went very wrong that caused the recording to split in to 3 recordings and then get MC in a complete mess. Any ideas what this could be or how I prevent it happening again?

Thanks,

Jon
Pages: [1]   Go Up