INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Code for PC too?  (Read 1549 times)

robcentola

• Recent member
Code for PC too?
« on: December 04, 2013, 10:23:45 am »

Hi JRiver land,

I just purchased the Mac version last week and love it. However, my Mac died this morning, along with all my music, documents, etc. Not so happy. I'm about to run out for lunch and pick up a PC. Can I use that 14 day code for the PC? I sure hope not. The expense buying another computer really stings and an addition 50 bucks will hurt.

Can I do this?

jtwrace

• Galactic Citizen
  • "Science is not a democracy"-Earl Geddes, Ph.D.
Re: Code for PC too?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 10:26:39 am »

Download the Windows version.  You can use it for 30 days until you have to purchase the Windows version.  Why not fix the Mac?  Probably a HD if I were to take a wild guess.  You didn't have it backed-up I guess. 
W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

My podcast:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 10:30:30 am »

Sorry, but the Windows and Mac versions use separate licenses.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

robcentola

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 10:37:20 am »

Download the Windows version.  You can use it for 30 days until you have to purchase the Windows version.  Why not fix the Mac?  Probably a HD if I were to take a wild guess.  You didn't have it backed-up I guess. 

Nope. Lesson learned. Just getting into computer music. Looking towards a NAS solution, external HD, ect for the future. I actually prefer a PC over a Mac.
The Mac was acting funny with JRiver and I was having problems with freezing etc.

Sucks I have to blow another 50 on another licence. Maybe foobar will be my solution for the time being.

jtwrace

• Galactic Citizen
  • "Science is not a democracy"-Earl Geddes, Ph.D.
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2013, 06:39:41 am »

Nope. Lesson learned. Just getting into computer music. Looking towards a NAS solution, external HD, ect for the future. I actually prefer a PC over a Mac.
The Mac was acting funny with JRiver and I was having problems with freezing etc.

Sucks I have to blow another 50 on another licence. Maybe foobar will be my solution for the time being.
Well, a NAS is great (I use one) but don't forget that a NAS isn't a backup solution either so it needs to be backed up too.   All the issues with freezing are fixed now...that was disclosed when purchased. 
W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

My podcast:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos
Pages: [1]   Go Up