INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC not analyzing a file properly  (Read 1356 times)

ssands

• Galactic Citizen
MC not analyzing a file properly
« on: February 21, 2014, 12:19:51 pm »

I loaded a 3 episode season of a series onto my NAS which is mapped as a drive letter and part of my Main library.
All the episodes were in one directory and all were mkv files.
Two of the episodes were correctly identified, categorized, and displayed in MC.
The other episode was not. I searched everywhere for the file in MC and could not find it (including the Audio and Pictures areas).
I looked at the sidecar files. The two that were correctly analyzed had the type of metadata I would expect to find in the sidecar and correctly identified the series and episode.
The one that didn't show up had data in the sidecar that indicated it was interpreted as an audio file (e.g., a BPM value, but not artist, album, etc.). However, as I mentioned, I could not find it in any way in the Audio section of the library.

Any clues on how this happened, why it happened, and how to fix and/or prevent it in the future?

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: MC not analyzing a file properly
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 12:44:29 pm »

Create a smartlist and hit the Import / Export button.  Add the value:

~d=a

and OK your way out.  Looking at the Filename field (you can use Search to help filter the results), do you now find the file?

If so, check the Media Type and Media Sub Type fields.  What are the values?  And what is the Filename (full path)?
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

ssands

• Galactic Citizen
Re: MC not analyzing a file properly
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2014, 12:02:27 am »

Create a smartlist and hit the Import / Export button.  Add the value:

~d=a

and OK your way out.  Looking at the Filename field (you can use Search to help filter the results), do you now find the file?

If so, check the Media Type and Media Sub Type fields.  What are the values?  And what is the Filename (full path)?
Well, before I received your reply, I removed the file from the NAS, deleted the sidecar, and then moved the file back to the NAS. This time MC categorized correctly.

Thanks for you help. I've created the SmartList in case I need to use it again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up