INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MadVR crashing  (Read 1050 times)

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
MadVR crashing
« on: December 05, 2013, 05:23:40 am »

I'm pretty sure MadVR is crashing because I have settings (in MadVR) to force to Film mode and Deinterlace when in doubt. It seems to crash regularly now when switching from Live TV to something else (either changing TV channels or going from TV to something else (a movie or back to menu sometimes). For now I have switched to RO-STD and have not seen anymore problems, but I'd like to go back to RO+HQ.
The reason I set MadVR to "Film mode" and "Deinterlace" is because my ripped DVD movies look bad when I leave madVR at its default settings. So these custom settings work great for movies but cause crashes when I'm in TV.

A while back I was experiencing this same problem (post in TV section) and I was able to set up RO+HQ to not use MadVR when playing .ts or .jtv files. Over the past half-dozen or so MC version upgrades I reverted back to the standard/defualt RO+HQ setting. Since I don't watch much Live TV, I've forgotten about this issue - until I started watching some TV again. Now the MadVR crash has returned. I could go back and do this custom RO+HQ setup, but rather than go back to the custom RO+HQ setup, I recall some people just add "info" to the file name that tells MadVR what to do. Is there anyone that could explain to me how to do this? This would be preferable so I only need to modify the file name of the DVD movies once and everything can stay at its default.

I think it was something like "moviename.264h.something.something.mkv" (or whatever file extension is) - depending on the actual file/movie characteristics. Where can I find out more info about this?
Pages: [1]   Go Up