INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Play Doctor questions  (Read 1929 times)

vdidenko

• Recent member
Play Doctor questions
« on: December 02, 2013, 11:47:22 am »

Last version I used was .75. Today downloaded .84 and see two issues:

1. Play Doctor used to give a great parametrized shuffle when engaged with empty input (it would choose random music while still limiting genres, lengths, etc. per configured filters). Now it populates the whole list with one song. Looks like a regression in my opinion.

Update: I take it back. Looks like it is broken on any entry.... Whatever I enter Play Doctor populates 100 entries of a same song.

2. Big blue notes in place of missing album art are much in the face and collide with many visual styles I can think of. I use Purity skin, looks too invasive to my taste in other skins too. No information, lots of visual impact. I'd prefer something toned down.

Thanks!

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
Play Doctor questions
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 01:33:08 pm »

Last version I used was .75. Today downloaded .84 and see two issues:

1. Play Doctor used to give a great parametrized shuffle when engaged with empty input (it would choose random music while still limiting genres, lengths, etc. per configured filters). Now it populates the whole list with one song. Looks like a regression in my opinion.

Update: I take it back. Looks like it is broken on any entry.... Whatever I enter Play Doctor populates 100 entries of a same song.

2. Big blue notes in place of missing album art are much in the face and collide with many visual styles I can think of. I use Purity skin, looks too invasive to my taste in other skins too. No information, lots of visual impact. I'd prefer something toned down.

Thanks!
I can't replicate the Play Doctor problem.  What do you have set for options?  Maybe try "reset settings to defaults...".
I've noted your preference on the missing album art.  At some point we will revisit the new artwork and probably do some tweaking.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

vdidenko

• Recent member
Play Doctor questions
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 08:24:35 pm »

I can't replicate the Play Doctor problem.  What do you have set for options?  Maybe try "reset settings to defaults...".

Ok, the "Reset settings..." did the trick. If you need the reference on how it looked while did not work, the screen capture is shared at:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3y6CRDewn4hcThUYTBTZWZLbUE/edit?usp=sharing

vdidenko

• Recent member
Play Doctor questions
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 09:06:55 pm »

Ok, the "Reset settings..." did the trick.

Interesting. It did not. Looks like the problem returns as soon as I set the length limit to 5 minutes and the chooses all songs which match length of the first auto-selected song to a second.

JohnT

Re: Play Doctor questions
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2013, 10:59:08 am »

Don't use the "Modify Results" part of the rule setup dialog, it will only cause problems.  Just remove the length limit modifier you have - it's purpose would be to limit the universe of songs in your library from which tracks are chosen to add to the Play Doctor playlist.  This modifier basically says: grab less than 5 minutes worth of songs from your library, then choose a random playlist from that selection, so it's creating the whole playlist from a universe of one song.

I think what you're trying to do is only include songs in the playlist that are shorter than 5 minutes, is that right?
To do that, click "Add New Rule" and set it to   "Duration"    "is less than"   "300" .  300 refers to 300 seconds in 5 minutes.

vdidenko

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2013, 10:18:59 am »

Excellent! "Modify Results" confused me indeed.

So I take it that it was "fixed" somewhere between .75 and .84, because it did not actually limit the list in .75 and the working behavior was new in .84.

Thank you.

JohnT

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2013, 11:21:16 am »

Excellent! "Modify Results" confused me indeed.

So I take it that it was "fixed" somewhere between .75 and .84, because it did not actually limit the list in .75 and the working behavior was new in .84.

Thank you.
Not sure why it would have changed between .75 and .84, we'll chalk it up to voodoo or some kind of quantum effect  8)
Pages: [1]   Go Up