INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can I resize all album art as batch procedure ?  (Read 4247 times)

chb000

Can I resize all album art as batch procedure ?
« on: December 07, 2013, 08:07:36 am »

Is it possible to re-size all my album art to a standard size with one operation? I am a new user to jriver media center and have imported my existing library, which is approx 10,000 tracks, all which have embedded art ranging from 60Kb to 2MB. I would like to standardize the embedded size to display on my Astel & Kern music player. 640 X640 pix seems to be a size that works for me. Due to huge size of this library resizing manually isn't even an option...Any advice or pointers would be greatly welcomed !

Vocalpoint

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Can I resize all album art as batch procedure ?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 10:54:51 am »

Is it possible to re-size all my album art to a standard size with one operation? I am a new user to jriver media center and have imported my existing library, which is approx 10,000 tracks, all which have embedded art ranging from 60Kb to 2MB. I would like to standardize the embedded size to display on my Astel & Kern music player. 640 X640 pix seems to be a size that works for me. Due to huge size of this library resizing manually isn't even an option...Any advice or pointers would be greatly welcomed !

Don't think that's possible within in MC - on the fly. Even more difficult if the covers are embedded in each file.

If it were me:

1. Extract the art on all 10000 tracks (Using the Save Cover Art To External Location right click command). Check Options->File Location-Cover Art and be sure to have this set to Audio Mode where MC extracts the art as Folder.jpg to the same folder as the tracks are located
2. Now - I believe all files will have the same name upon extract (folder.jpg etc). If all you music is nicely organized into it's own folder - you should be good to go
3. Then go to a graphics tool with batch capability. Something like Picasa - where the app could go find ALL the files and then be able to resize them in one go. I am sure there are others out there.
4. Then "re-embed" all your art.

This could take a while. Good luck.

VP

chb000

Re: Can I resize all album art as batch procedure ?
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, 07:17:22 pm »

Thanks for the pointers, it will take me awhile to implement the logistics of this. I will post a result...or lack of one later.
Pages: [1]   Go Up