INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: One more try - Delete songs played from Now Playing.  (Read 1051 times)

forbigd

• Galactic Citizen
One more try - Delete songs played from Now Playing.
« on: December 09, 2013, 01:53:00 pm »

Hi all, Happy Holidays.
I want to ask for this again. If it is impossible to put in the build, and I see requests back in 2008 for this, can one of you bright "expressionists" figure out a way to to make the Now playing list delete a song from the list once it has been played? Folks get very confused looking to find out what is next, people accidentally shuffle all and we get to hear tunes another time. If they would just leave the list it would be great.
It was asked what could you use that for? One of my uses for MC is to serve up music and videos while folks play pool. They walk up and try to pick some songs they want to hear (If there was a theater skin with a now playing list I would be eternally grateful :)) They add to the list and songs played leave the list. The song playing is always the top song in the list. We don't build a playlist ahead of time, nor do we feel the need to save what we picked. It is a volatile list that exists only while we are using it. One guy is assigned the task of going over to the box every few songs and delete the ones played. There has to be an automated way.

Thanks

Don

forbigd

• Galactic Citizen
Re: One more try - Delete songs played from Now Playing.
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 10:03:14 pm »

I guess it is impossible.... :) Nobody has any idea on how to do it. I can make an expression to do what I want, (I think), but Now Playing will not let me modify the "View". Can that be enabled?

Thanks,
Don

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 10:50:55 am »

Not sure if its impossible, but x-mas is coming and would have to think about this one!  :D

you could make a smartlist that would remove the songs already played easy enough. But then the person would have to be adding to the smartlist itself .. not sure how that could be "automated" in playing now. You could set up a split view with a playing now window, another  with the smartlist and a third general window and you could drag a new song to the smartlist maybe .... if you have a lot of screen real estate.

sorry don't have time right now to look into this

forbigd

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 11:02:22 am »

Thanks for answering. Yes holidays are busy times. No hurry, I guess I have some time off and am trying to make it better for my friends.
The smartlist is the way I have been trying, and you nail the problem, you can't add to that list.

I have tried to make a rule where "don't show track if played in last 2 hours." That would get rid of the ones already played, and keep folks from playing duplicates. After two hours dupes can be played again. But there is no way to force that rule onto Now Playing. I have been thinking of having the whole DB scrubbed of tunes played in the last two hours, that will keep them from playing a dupe cause they can't find it. But I am not sure it will take it off Now Playing.

Have a very nice Holiday Season all,

Don
Pages: [1]   Go Up