INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver stop mid track and go to next track or stop working  (Read 1103 times)

kevalin

JRiver stop mid track and go to next track or stop working
« on: December 09, 2013, 04:16:56 pm »

I have the new updated version of JRiver 19.  For some reason when playing audio tracks from my NAS drive to my EMM Labs one of a few scenarios will happen:

1. Track will stop mid track, pause then a new track will play
2. Stop working either requiring a reboot of computer or over time, allow a restart of program. (Using a CA Zuma type)
3. Xmos driver for EMM labs would say "device not found" -this seems corrected when I deleted the sound drivers that came with the motherboard.
4. Re-sample data to 48 kHz, which occurred when I upgraded to JRiver 19.  I since adjusted the settings to prevent this from happening.

This was a very stable computer until I upgraded from W8 to W8.1 and also installed a M2Tech driver to trial a Empirical Audio, Overdrive SE dac.

Is it best to remove and delete JRiver and reinstall?  I guess I will have to reset up the program as well.

Any thoughts or suggestions welcome.

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRiver stop mid track and go to next track or stop working
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 05:51:48 am »

Hard to tell need some details ....

Please give a link to the EMM product you use -- can't tell if its a dac, renderer or whatever

You say that you have when you play audio from your  NAS to this EMM unit you have these issues ... Do you mean the Zuma is running as Media Server connected to Nas and the EMM product is connected to the NAS directly? No switch?

As this was working fine for you in version 18 it seems, could you  indicate the how the digital side of your system is setup to narrow this down a bit. Is this all PCM audio or DSD -

thx

kevalin

Re: JRiver stop mid track and go to next track or stop working
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 11:53:36 am »

Audio System
Music Server(s)Acousense GISO GB>CAPS ZUMA with Paul Hynes custom twin linear ATX power supply >Paul Pang V.1 USB + Paul Pang Red SATA Cable + JRiver Music Server Operating SystemMicrosoft Windows 8 (64-bit) Preferred Digital Interface(s)USB Digital to Analog Converter(s)EMM Labs DAC 2x + John Wright Modified Museatex BIDAT Digital to Digital ConverterN/A PreamplifierAllnic L3000 Linestage Amplifier(s)Allnic A6000 Monoblock + Emission Labs - EML 300B-XLS LoudspeakersAmbiance (Australia) Reference 1600 InterconnectsMoray James Balanced XLR
Vertere Pulse-R USB 1.5 meter
Ethernet Audioquest Cinnamon (Synology to Router, Router to GISO)
Ethernet Audioquest Vodka from GISO to Zuma Loudspeaker CablesAudience AU24se with Jumpers Power CablesMoray James Remote Control(s)N/A Remote Control AppsJremote MiscellaneousAudience aR12 TSSD passive power conditioner + AU24se power cable.
Synology 1812+ 32 TB Enterprise HD, 3 GB RAM.

The system had been stable for sometime in JRiver 18 and 19.  It does go through a link-sys router that also has my desktop office computer and various wireless data (apple products, tv etc).  Zuma is the media server, there is no secondary (dual computer setup).
NAS>router>ethernet>Zuma>USB>Dac

I could run DSD or PCM without issues previously.

The xmos driver for the EMM labs 2x will state "device not detected". I reboot the Zuma and after a few minutes or an hour it happens again.  It happend again last night.  I wonder if the M2Tech driver is interfering with xmos.  This will make it hard to compare dacs.

Meanwhile, my output to my dac would instead of remix my music to 24/48 (since I turned this option off), it says this sampling rate (x) is not supported by xmos kearnel or other xmos output setting.
WASAPI, direct soun, ASIO.  Each work intermittantly.

Hope this helps.  I do appreciate your insight.   Thank you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up