INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Printing a View  (Read 1180 times)

Mike48

• World Citizen
Printing a View
« on: December 17, 2013, 11:21:17 pm »

MC 19.0.91 on Windows 7/64 Pro.

I'm trying to print a simple text catalog of albums in my music library. I've created a View with the needed info, laid out just as I want to print it.

FAIL #1:  Using File > Print List. This widens the columns so much that the printed catalog is not useful. Is there a way to print the columns in the widths the user has set onscreen or another way to control column widths in a report?

FAIL #2:  Using File > Export Playlist (as csv). The idea was to import into Excel, fix the widths, and print. Excel 2010, however, doesn't recognize the csv as UTF-8. In researching this, I found that a byte-order-mark can be used in a Unicode file, and that MS products tend to require it.  (My work-around is to use Libre Office, which handles UTF-8 better.)

REQUESTS: 

(1) Could print widths please be user-configurable in MC soon? The usefulness of Print List is badly limited by this issue -- or have I overlooked something?

(2) Could a BOM be added to exported csv files, please, either optionally or by default.

Getting (1) would make it much easier to print useful reports!  Thanks!

P.S. Of course I am not actually printing; I want to make a PDF to put onto my smartphone. But that's done through a Windows printer driver.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Printing a View
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 11:58:00 pm »

Did you try the Copy/Paste method, into Excel?
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Mike48

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 12:32:00 am »

Did you try the Copy/Paste method, into Excel?

I didn't think of that, but now I've tried it, it works fine.  Thanks, MrC!  You are on target as usual.

Mike

P.S. I'd still love to be able to print a decent report directly from MC.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 01:29:02 am »

I tried printing to PDF, but it seems MC renders the views as images, and scaled down to fit a page, they get pretty blurry.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up