INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My tags don't stay  (Read 1008 times)

gandlshevchuk

• Recent member
My tags don't stay
« on: January 21, 2014, 08:19:27 pm »

I have a couple question, but I'll start with this one. I am trying to re-tag some of the down loads. For example I have an artist Aimee Mann and three come up as Aimee Mann in the artist section and the other two show up as Mann, Aimee in the list. I go to the action window select Tags, click on the artist and change the name so the show up together. All looks good. I shut down and launch JRiver and it goes back to how it was before. The first time I did this I did a lot of changes....names and genres to make more sense and all was lost when it was restarted.

Please tell me what I am doing wrong.....

Ninouchka

• World Citizen
Re: My tags don't stay
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 08:32:37 pm »

Maybe you don't have ownership for the folders where your data is, or the folders are read only?
If so, MC should place external tags anyway.
Google, take ownership windows 7, and you shall find a small register file to put it automatically in the windows register.
The result will be that a take ownership option will be in your right-click menu in windows explorer.
If you don't have enough experience with the windows register, ask somebody with knowledge to help you.

greets.

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: My tags don't stay
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 08:34:48 am »

Are you doing this on a networked Client or on the PC where the files are stored? I've had this happen on a client so I now only do it on my server.

Rod
Pages: [1]   Go Up