INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [REQ] Improvements to Category Pane headers  (Read 1209 times)

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
[REQ] Improvements to Category Pane headers
« on: July 26, 2014, 11:56:05 am »

Here is my current work-in-progress discography view:

This is a Categories view using a mixture of Pane types down the left hand side.

The problem is that the headers for the panes don't always make sense depending on the context of the data within the pane.

Take a look at the area highlighted, Live Recordings.  I've used en expression field, that I've named: Live Recordings and a display expression using groupcount(Album) to add a count of live albums.  All good!

But the heading itself also provides a confusing count for the fields in the pane, and while it makes literal sense, it doesn't make sense within the context of the pane.

All Live Recordings (2)

Could we get some changes to these panes so that we specify whether or not to add the count to the entry, so for instance I could specify not to use it in this instance and would get:

Live Recordings
  Live Recordings (14)
  Unassigned

And a further enhancement, previously requested, can we have an option to not display 'Unassigned'?  It has it's use but more often than not leads to messy panes...

I've kind of worked around that issue in the 'Stuidio Albums' pane by using a Search Pane, but then there is still the not-very-useful: All Studio Albums (1) to contend with...

Thanks for listening  ;D

Pages: [1]   Go Up