INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Room Correction or Parametric Equalizer?  (Read 1444 times)

Mike48

• World Citizen
Room Correction or Parametric Equalizer?
« on: December 16, 2013, 11:06:57 am »

This is a question about adding a sub to my music system (formerly 2.0, now 2.1), using the settings in DSP Studio.

I have used Output Format to get to 2.1 channels and turned on JRSS mixing. I used Room Correction to high-pass filter the main speakers (L and R) and low-pass filter the sub. This all seems to work fine.

Also under Parametric Equalizer, there is the possibility to implement a crossover, by HP filtering the mains and LP filtering the sub. Is there any reason to prefer using Room Correction to Parametric Equalizer, or vice-versa?

THANKS!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Room Correction or Parametric Equalizer?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 11:11:19 am »

Is there any reason to prefer using Room Correction to Parametric Equalizer, or vice-versa?

With regards to bass management, Room Correction uses the same tools that are available in Parametric Equalizer but simplifies the configuration.

There isn't a sound quality advantage to one or the other, only a user interface advantage.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Mike48

• World Citizen
Re: Room Correction or Parametric Equalizer?
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 01:59:14 pm »

With regards to bass management, Room Correction uses the same tools that are available in Parametric Equalizer but simplifies the configuration.

There isn't a sound quality advantage to one or the other, only a user interface advantage.

Thanks, Matt. That is helpful. --Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up