INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 19 has to be restarted constantly  (Read 1014 times)

Hobgoblinpie

• Recent member
MC 19 has to be restarted constantly
« on: December 18, 2013, 01:09:03 pm »

I have never encountered this problem with MC18. If I have MC19 open for maybe 10-15 minutes (sometimes longer), and stop a song, and then try to play another, MC19 will freeze and have to be terminated from the Task Manager, otherwise it will persist in the background and make me unable to open it up again.

Sometimes this happens without stopping - even just opening another song can set it off. All files work perfectly with MC18. Sometimes, if I leave MC18 open for an extended period of time, it will take a while to load the first song up (indicated by 'buffering'), and then start playing. MC19 however says 'Opening' and never moves past that - it stops responding around 1 second later.

I realise that I haven't given any technical information, only the steps taken which cause the problem. MC19 is updated to the latest version available on the forum.

Any help would be appreciated.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: MC 19 has to be restarted constantly
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 01:10:31 pm »

If it only hangs when playing audio, that's a clue.

Please try a different audio device or output mode in Options > Audio so we can narrow it down more.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Hobgoblinpie

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 01:14:04 pm »

That was a seriously quick response... Kudos!

I actually only really use MC for Audio, but I'll try it and see if Videos cause the same thing. I'll see if changing the audio output makes a difference.

My general settings are: 24bit 96khz in Windows, WASAPI (non-exclusive mode) with all outputs converted to 96khz, Bitdepths left as-is.

I'll report back if I find any different behaviour.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 02:04:39 pm »

I actually only really use MC for Audio, but I'll try it and see if Videos cause the same thing. I'll see if changing the audio output makes a difference.

You might let it run a few hours without playing anything to test everything except playback.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Hobgoblinpie

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2013, 02:10:36 pm »

I let it run without playing anything for a while, tried playing it and the problem occurred again. I'll try your suggestion now. I've attached the log.txt to this post, skip to the line:

'2810750: 5392: Playback: CPlayerZone::Play: Getting actual playback track'

From there onwards is what happens when I select a track to play. Hope this can shed some light on the issue.

Just to add, when it freezes, a single press on the 'Exit' button in the top right will do nothing, a quick double click will close the window, but leave it running in the background forever (until terminated).
Pages: [1]   Go Up