INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MPC Plugin Status Report  (Read 683 times)

Trelane

MPC Plugin Status Report
« on: February 28, 2002, 05:05:39 pm »

Hi,

Those who've been testing the MPC plugin (Xstatic, cmagic) already know of its existance and what's planned, but I thought I'd let everyone else know. If you use MJ and MPC, you may want to download it. It's built against the latest Winamp plugin (0.90k) and supports tagging (both ID3 and APE) and file information. You can get the latest version at http://www.naivesoftware.com

I currently plan to add support for the following:
1. Media Jukebox's internal replay gain.
2. A way to choose how you want the tag to be saved (I'm working on this right now).
3. Using the MJ architecture for playback instead of the Winamp architecture (read: removing Winamp crap Next Page)

I told Xstatic and cmagic that I'd be basing the plugin off of the mppdec 0.98 source code, well... that's not going to happen. Frank's source code is very hard to follow (there's literally 2832837383 global variables) and a lot of it is in German. I've pretty much figured out how the Winamp plugin does its work, so I'm going to adapt the decoding engine from the Winamp source. Eventually, I may base the plugin from the mppdec source... but not at the moment Next Page

Finally, I'd like to thank Xstatic and cmagic for testing out the plugin and offering their support; and Matt for helping me with MJ issues. Thanks guys! Next Page If you have any questions, see my website (http://www.naivesoftware.com) or e-mail me at mike@naivesoftware.com

Mike

Nikolay

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
RE:MPC Plugin Status Report
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2002, 05:57:00 pm »

Great,

Thanks a lot Mike, We have been waiting for that to happend for a long time, because MPC is the only major format which is still played by winamp 2 plug-in.

Keep up a good work.

Regards,
Nikolay Sokratov
CTO, JRiver, Inc.

P.S: Death to the global variables, long live OOP.

Trelane

RE:MPC Plugin Status Report
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2002, 02:55:24 pm »

Started working on the playback engine... decodes 2 seconds of the file then I get a bunch of blips. Lots of fun! Next Page
Pages: [1]   Go Up