INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just few things I couldn't figure out ?  (Read 1010 times)

ead1

• Recent member
Just few things I couldn't figure out ?
« on: December 19, 2013, 08:47:51 am »

Sorry for the noob questions :)

1) I want to drop dir/dirs in the play now, and want only the songs to be there (no images), Also I want it to retian the same track order (sometimes it change track order, so track 1 is after 10 and so on), and I want it to not put double items, so if I have CUE file, it will take it and use it, and I won't also have a file with the full album in a single file

2) Tabs in the play now, so I can have different play lists in each tab, possible?

3) Lyrics - some kind of plugin to automatically see lyrics for songs

4) DR values - something that will calculate DR for each song/album and I will be able to see it while playing each track

Thanks guys for the help !

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Just few things I couldn't figure out ?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 12:56:09 pm »

For #4, DR support is built into MC.  Investigate the 'Analyze Audio' tool.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

ead1

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 01:14:05 pm »

And for the other things?

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 01:44:00 pm »

And for the other things?

Take a walk through the wiki and see what you can find.

Plugins:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Plugins

I prefer Smartlists:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Smartlists

With item 1, that makes my head hurt ..  ;D
.. all the best.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

connersw

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2013, 02:31:58 pm »

1) I doubt that is possible.  MC is designed for you to use your library inside MC; not to use Windows directories.  Plus since it can handle all those formats, how would it know what you want it to handle and ignore each time?  You may want to try using Split Views (View -> Split View -> Show 2 Views).  You could then drag files from the left view into Playing Now on the right.  If you want to use Directories, you could use a Disk Location view set up as Categories.  Then you are basically grabbing a folder that is only showing audio files and dumping it into Playing Now.

2) Yes.  Click on the tiny square to the right of the tab, and it will open a new tab.  You could have a different playlist in each tab.

3) Requires a plug-in.  I am not sure there is a working one for MC 19 though; I think most are out of date.  If you have the lyrics in the tag, you could set up Visualization Studio to show them. 

4)  If you have Analyze Audio set up on import, DR is calculated for you already.  Set up a Customized View (http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/View_Schemes) to show it as a Pane or a Column.  Or if you just want to see it while a track is playing, click on the display at the top of MC -> Customize Display.  Add [Dynamic Range (DR)] or [Dynamic Range (128)] where ever you would like to see it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up