INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Character recognition in extracted .m3u Playlist  (Read 1189 times)

stiv32

• World Citizen
Character recognition in extracted .m3u Playlist
« on: December 19, 2013, 04:24:48 am »

I have created a folder in my pc (as I would do with a portable device) so that I can send there the playlists with their files, that I want later to copy at my phone or a usb stick.

The problem is with the spanish or greek characters. The files are copied into folders as they should. But the .m3u playlist that is created has some times different characters (or even the same ones phenomenically) which break the link to the file. Until now I am correcting this by editing the playlist and the file's name.
For example ö or σ even if it shows like that in the playlist it doesn't really link to the file.
Or ñ and ó might become n and o or σ in the playlist, breaking again the link to the file.

Is there another way to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Character recognition in extracted .m3u Playlist
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 07:45:45 am »

Try M3U8 (which is an M3U file encoded as UTF-8, which is required for Unicode character support).
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

stiv32

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 08:20:46 am »

I am sorry but at the Options window -> Handheld -> Playlist Format, I can find only two options .m3u and .asx. Both don't work for me...  :-[

Is there another way to copy to a usb stick a specific playlist with the files associated to it?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 12:57:46 pm »

If you rename an m3u to m3u8, will your device support it?

If yes, we might be able to add the format to the list of options.

If no, then there may be no way to use international characters in playlist filenames.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

stiv32

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2013, 04:18:25 pm »

I use the created playlists in two ways.

I copy the playlist with the files at a usb stick in order to give it to some friends, so that they can play predefined music in specific events with their laptops or pcs. Their laptops surely support m3u8 playlists.

The other way is at my galaxy note 2. I am not sure about that, but even if it doesn't support m3u8 that would be ok, since the first one is more important for me.

Thank you helping me out :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up