INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Remote for MC19 for MAC?  (Read 2766 times)

JIMV

• World Citizen
Remote for MC19 for MAC?
« on: December 19, 2013, 04:55:34 pm »

I realize there is probably a thread on this but I could not find it...

Is there a remote control for MC19 when it is on a MAC?

I want to be able to control MC19 as well as You Tube and Pandora on my iMac...

I wish there was an app for my android deice

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Remote for MC19 for MAC?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 05:17:32 pm »

Gizmo will work on Android.  It's on the PlayStore.

cavediver

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 05:36:53 pm »

Gizmo works great on my Samsung Galaxy SIII controlling MC 19 on my Mac Mini.

JIMV

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 06:00:27 pm »

I tried Gizmo and it required an advanced degree in router fiddling to get it to play and it never, ever actually started my system. If it was on and if the God's were with me I could play music from my PC remotely. Simply not worth the aggravation.

No, I want a remote control, something that works using my home network in my home.

I desire a remote to play my MC19 on my Mac as well as access You Tube and Pandora outside of MC19 (I only use the software for music, never video)

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2013, 07:45:02 pm »

If you want to get it going, please try it and post some details instead of smart remarks.  For playback at home, no router changes are required.

Apple's remote should work.  So should any Media Center remote.

JIMV

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2013, 10:24:25 pm »

No smart remarks, simple truth...I tried repeatedly to get it to work on my system and never, ever got the PC to come on and play using the remote. At the moment, I simply want a remote that will work on an iMac using MC19...The software works great...and I mean a remote, like a TV remote...You know, select the source (MC19. You Tube, Pandora) then the file and lastly, play the file...

JohnT

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2013, 02:11:26 pm »

There's JRemote for iPad and iPhone.  There's Apple IR remote for stop/play/volume/mute/next/previous/ff/rew
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

busa

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2013, 03:36:10 pm »

The Fact that TheaterView is not available on MAC makes it almost impossible to control it with a IR Remote on MAC. I tried a lot of different settings with RemoteBuddy but no luck, because i can not change between the different views (Navigation on the left, lets say albums or Artists on main view and songs on the bottom).  So TheaterView would be great!

The only Workaround for me as long as it does not work: JRemote - it does a great Job on all iPads and iPhones.

Three

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2014, 11:30:12 am »

I have a headless mini player. I have other macs (and pcs, thanks(?) to my wife) scattered about the house. I currently access the mini over my home network via screen sharing, which is somewhat slow, painful, and clunky. Is there an application that I can run on one mac to control MC19 on another over my home network? I don't want to serve the media to the second machine - my sound systems are connected to the headless mini. But I do want to select music etc from the second mac.

Doug

bplexico

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2014, 11:53:17 am »

Couple of options, you could try Logmein (free), Splastop ( not sure if still free ), or if you just wished to control JRMC19 and not other facets of the Mac Mini, JRemote if you have an iPad or iPhone. Out of curiosity, what model Mac Mini do you have an how much RAM does it have and what version of the operating system is on it? There were issues with headless Mac Minis and screen sharing that are to have been fixed in the latest build of Mavericks.

Oftimes people built a simple device such as this which would enable the GPU on the Mac Mini when a display was not physically connected to it. Very cheap to make as all you need to buy is one resister at a shop such as Radio Shack.

http://blog.macminicolo.net/post/33839671756/build-a-dummy-dongle-for-a-headless-mac-mini

Also in regards to your home network, is performance reasonable good and the sluggishness is only related to screen sharing and the Mac Mini?
Mac Mini (16Gb memory, 2.3GHz i7, SSD), Synology NAS, MSB Analog DAC, Tubes, Cables, DeVore O/96s

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2014, 01:11:00 pm »

One copy of MC can control another.  Start at the wiki topic on Remotes.

Three

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2014, 05:24:11 pm »

One copy of MC can control another.  Start at the wiki topic on Remotes.

Darn (I had something else, but your parental controls "fixed" it.) Is there anything MC can't do?? It works good! Thank you. The only down side to all this is there there are so many features that the learning curve is steep. In my case, between being able to put 2 channels in a 7.1 wrapper and remap the outputs to drive all four of my amps, and then control the music from any of the computers in the house, and gizmo for my phone, and the tagging and viewing flexibility, and the sound quality, I can't think of any other features to ask for! Thank you.

Remind me why some people spend in excess of $100 for a less capable player.

And although MC is still not rock solid stable - crashes when I try to do several things at once and then sends a report off to someone - it recovers very well. Just comes back up and works. For now, I need to quit trying to do multiple things on MC, but I know it will get where it needs to be in time.

Thanks again,

Doug
Pages: [1]   Go Up